The Alliance exists to help interns, residents, registrars, and fellows throughout their training and allow them to focus on their clinical work and education.
This means that, as a member, you will receive industrial representation and workplace support as well as advocacy on your behalf, access to member-only events, and more.
ASMOF (NSW) provides union representation to doctors-in-training and helps with workplace issues, including:
- ensuring correct payment – ASMOF has recovered millions in underpayments owed to members since 2013
- bullying and harassment
- access to leave
- workplace disputes
- modernising the Award that governs DITs’ pay and working conditions.
The Doctors-in-Training Committee guides AMA (NSW) and ASMOF (NSW) Councils on their advocacy work for interns, residents, and registrars, including:
- Working with government at state and federal levels to ensure action is taken on issues important to you
- Representation in the media on issues like doctor-in-training wellbeing, training issues, and more
- Ensuring there are adequate training positions from internship through to specialty training
All Alliance members are welcome to join the Doctors-in-Training Committee and help guide policy on doctors-in-training issues.
You can find out more here.
Member Benefits Include
The AMA (NSW) Careers Service provides members with help on interview techniques and preparation, CV development, and more.
Free or discounted registration for Alliance events for doctors-in-training.
Union Shopper enables members to get discounts on a range of necessary, everyday items like whitegoods, appliances, and more.
Great deals on car purchases through Prestige Direct.
Discounts on flights and car hire for when you need to travel for business or pleasure.
Travel Insurance for you and your family and accident journey insurance to cover you to and from work in the case you are injured.
A special membership rate on the Accor Plus travel program, which offers discounts at participating hotels and restaurants throughout the Asia Pacific region.