The 2019 Hospital Health Check Survey is closed
You will be able to find the results here soon.
The five domains of the NSW Hospital Health Check
- Overtime and rostering
- Access to leave
- Education and training
- Morale and culture
Your anonymous responses let us write your hospital’s report card.
The story so far
Since we took the first Hospital Health Check in NSW it’s helped the AMA (NSW) / ASMOF (NSW) Alliance achieve real change for doctors-in-training, from interns to fellows. It convinced NSW Health to:
- Limit rostered shifts to a maximum 14 hours
- Provide minimum 10 hour breaks between rostered shifts
- Review rosters, unsafe working hours and barriers to claiming overtime with incoming policy changes to make it easier to claim unrostered overtime
- Work harder to eliminate discrimination in recruitment
- Review parental leave policies
- And more
But we’ve only just begun.
Power in numbers
We will be comparing the results of HHC 2019 to previous years, and holding hospitals accountable to your experience: has it improved? All NSW doctors-intraining can contribute, and the more responses the more useful the comparison and the stronger the case for continued change.
What’s in it for me?
Apart from having your voice heard and helping us help you change your workplace and conditions for the better, there are 4 x $250 Visa card vouchers up for grabs.