About the AMA (NSW) / ASMOF (NSW) Alliance
The Alliance is made up of two bodies that represent doctors-in-training throughout the state in different capacities:
- ASMOF (NSW) – the doctor’s union
- AMA (NSW) – the peak body representing the medical profession
Together, AMA (NSW) and ASMOF (NSW) help doctors-in-training by:
- providing industrial representation and assistance with workplace issues
- ensuring doctors-in-training are correctly paid
- campaigning for improved working conditions for doctors-in-training
- performing government advocacy and media representation on doctor-in-training issues
- delivering non-clinical support to enable doctors-in-training to concentrate on treating patients and their education
- supplying excellent member benefits from select commercial partners
The Alliance presents a one-stop shop service for doctors-in-training across all aspects of employment and training.
The Doctors-in-Training Committee is made up of Alliance members and sets the agenda for ASMOF (NSW) and AMA (NSW) on junior doctor issues.
All Alliance members are welcome to attend and you can find out more about the Committee and its leadership here.